Pitta dosha consists of Fire and Water elements and represents metabolism and transformation procedures. Wherever there is a transformation in the body – like transforming food into blood – Pitta is present.
Pittas in balance are ambitious, have an achiever mindset, and are inspiring and sparking team leaders.
However, when Pitta gets out of balance problems related to over-headedness and acidity, like fever, rashes, acid indigestion, heartburn, skin problems, stomach gas, and indigestion appear. Emotions like anger, frustration, irritation are also present in excess Pitta.
So, here is a list of common causes to watch out for causing Pitta imbalance:
- Over-exertion in work, sports, or physical activities
- Exposure to heat – hot sun, hot sauna
- Spicy, Salty, Sour foods that are hot energetically or in temperature
- Emotions of anger, hatred, passion, jealousy, impatience
- Excessive talking
- Excessive usage of eyes in working with computers, reading, etc.
- Consuming alcohol, caffeine, tobacco
- Establishing high achievement goals; being overly ambitious